1998 Mazda MX-5. Manual, has working AC and power steering.
Was owned by an older gentleman for 12 years before me. I have owned the car for over 2 years now and its finally time for me to move on. It has been a fun car to drive and being easy to work on, it has helped me gain some mechanical knowledge.
In my ownership I have gotten a smaller muffler installed as well as a lot of preventative maintenance (major 200k service complete), these include:
– Brand new clutch, flywheel machined, master and slave cylinder, rear main seal, front main seal, cam seals, 52mm aluminium radiator, water pump and gaskets, fuel injector seals, MX5 Mania silicone coolant hose kit, auxiliary/drive belts, spark plugs and leads, thermostat and gasket, thermostat housing o-ring, CAS blanking plug, water pump side inlet o-ring, timing belt and tensioners, woodruff key, as well as all fluids being flushed (all done less than 10,000ks ago, nearly $2000 in parts alone).
Clean title, no accidents. Have full service history (with receipts) and 2 spare keys. Will come with roadworthy and rego (expires 28/11/22).
The car has an upgraded headunit and has a rollbar from MX-5 Plus which has been modplated in QLD. Car will come with the factory headunit, DVD holder, and almost brand new tonneau cover (see second last picture).
– BC Racing BR Coilovers (were installed brand new just under a year and a half ago – under 9000ks) +$1200
– Aftermarket Enkei wheels with near new RE003 tyres (see last picture). Can come with the car for additional, they belong to a friend.
– Unfortunately, the soft top has quite a few tears that I have never bothered to patch as I barely drive the car in the rain and always have the top down when its dry. To be perfect it would suit a new soft top but it can easily be patched using some vinyl and glue to stop leaking, although it does not leak too much in the rain as I have covered the holes with plastic.
– The car will come on the wheels pictured in the first photo, the tyres on them are pretty much bald and will need replacing.
Probably missed a couple things, if interested come take a look. No test drives unless genuinely interested and have proof of funds. Located in Mount Gravatt East, 4122.